Why the Parents Academy?
Being a parent is 365 days per year—a job that lasts a lifetime. Yet there’s no academic training programme to prepare you for it!
We attend school for years to learn our profession, but we aren’t at all prepared to raise a child and give the child the necessary tools to become a an empowered adult!
For some parents, home is a battleground of chaos, jealousy and sibling rivalry. For others, they constantly repeat the same things and find it difficult to earn their children’s respect and collaboration…
- Every child deserves to grow and develop.
- Every parent deserves peace of mind.
- And everyone deserves to live in harmony.
The adult’s role is to help children develop their own potential so they can grow into the best possible version of themselves.
This is why we support children and adults in child development through positive leadership.
We believe in positive parenting because every child is unique with their own set of specific needs.
Love, empathy and patience enable us to truly understand and get to know them.
Compassion and encouragement enable us to help them develop their full potential and self esteem.
The parent’s role is to help children discover who they are, to grow from the inside out—not to tell them who they are, force them into a mold, or stick a label on their forehead to classify them and assign them a place in the family or society. Doing this crushes the child and distorts their character, and they end of losing themselves and forgetting who they truly are.
« Parents need to master their use of words. Because words are like knives. They can inflict countless painful injuries that, while not physical, are still emotional. »
Become your child’s guide
A predictable person
An observer of their child’s behaviour and challenges
A mirror of child development
A guardian of the child’s life history
« The family is like the branches of a tree: We all grow in different directions, but we have unique roots. »
Packages for parents
In contrast to the services offered to parents in the 360 Degree Academy (in daycares and schools), the Parents Academy packages take place in your own home and are developed to meet the very specific needs of you and your family.
From parent to guide
- Defining myself as a parent, a couple, a family
- Defining our context according to our own values
- Learning to listen, to welcome my child’s emotions
- Replacing punishment with logical consequences
- Helping my child develop self-esteem and self-confidence
- Freeing children from any roles that would prevent them from growing and developing
More than 30 simple tools to memorize and use when interacting with the child.
Results guaranteed after the first week of use.
Approximate length of coaching
To be determined according to the needs of the family.
Expect between 8 and 12 sessions of 2 hours each.
This package includes
- Private, customized sessions focused on the specific needs of your family
- Sessions that take place in the comfort of your own home
- Unlimited e-mail and text-message access to Valérie throughout the entire coaching period
- A list of reading selections and complementary tools to help you progress further along your path
Example of expected results
- Rebuild or maintain the parent-child relationship, even in delicate situations
- Understand the various developmental steps of child development and the needs stemming from
- Develop a relationship with your child that is based on trust and mutual respect
- Preserve and develop self-esteem and self-confidence
- Define and put into place, with compassion, a context which encourages your child to be autonomous and take responsibility for their behaviour
- Support your child in their difficult moments (anger, frustration, opposition)